These are my reflections from the questions listed that we were to complete for The Reflective Teacher article.
- How
did it feel completing a group project, remotely? What was
challenging, what was fun, what was your overall experience?
Completing
a group project from a remote location was very different for the most part. It
was challenging but fun all together. I really enjoyed the project being on
Google Docs. I have used Google Docs before and it is a great way for people to
work together, especially for a group project that does not meet face to face.
The most challenging part I believe was communication. It was hard to
communicate with each other about who was doing what, especially on the
spreadsheet and presentation. It felt more of like go in, do your part, and
when its due make sure its complete.
- How do
you feel about the finished project?
Overall,
I believe the project turned out great. I believe our group pulled together,
even without as much communication as I thought it would take, and finished the
project well. I enjoyed being able to go back in and see the progress of fellow
students over the course of the week. I feel that the project came together
nicely.
- How
can you use projects such as this in your specific teaching area?
What would it be like for your students, even ones in the same class? Can
you see how you could also connect your students with students in other
parts of the state, country, world?
In
my specific teaching area which is elementary education, I believe this could
be used for students. I can see it being integrated in different age groups in a
variety of different ways. I could see teachers using it amongst each other to
share ideas, especially in younger classrooms. I could also see students being
able to use it in older classes, such as 3rd, 4th, and 5th
graders. Students could work in groups and be able to work on their group work
at different times. I think it would be a good lesson that integrates
technology that is being used in the world around us today. I can easily see
how a project like this one can connect students in other locations. It especially
helped me to connect with my fellow classmates in my group. I was able to see
how we all worked together, although communication was scarce, and pulled
through in the end to create a finished project.
No comments:
Post a Comment