Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Reflecting on what I know

Chapter 6


  1. Now that I have access to the web, how can I use it effectively? I believe that the Internet can be used most effectively by allowing it to engage and provoke students learning. I believe students can collaborate ideas and gain ideas from the Internet. As teachers we have to make sure that it's use is for educational purposes only and not for mindless activities. 
  2. How do I manage students' use of the web in my class? I believe that a classroom policy has to be in play in order to manage the use of the web in a class. Classroom management has a lot to do with how well the use of the Internet in the classroom may go. Students can work in small groups where they work together, the teachers desk should be placed in the back of the class to monitor, or place in a u shape where the teacher is able to walk around and monitor progress. 
  3. Which features of the Web do I use? The features that I would use most would be search engines and google docs. Search engines would allow for my students to do research in the classroom. Google docs could allow the students to work on a collaborative project together in or out of the classroom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment