Monday, October 22, 2012

Reflecting on What I Know

Chapter 9

1. How can my students use multimedia for their projects?
My students can use multimedia for their projects to communicate to the viewer in different formats. These formats can vary from "text, graphics, photographs, video, sound, hyperlinks, and animated objects" (p. 235). These are different ways that students can use multimedia in types of computer use activities in the classroom. These types of forms can be used to present information to the classroom whether it be to give information or to elaborate on more detailed information of their findings.

2. What applications are available for creating a multimedia presentation?
There are different applications available for creating multimedia presentations. A few of those are:
  • PowerPoint Presentation
  • iMovie
  • Windows Movie Maker
3. Should I place limits on how my students use multimedia?
I believe that there should be limits on how they use multimedia. I believe the limits should be how that they are to use the technology to create the multimedia. I think it is important to follow the steps of the NETS models for students. It is important to make sure the lesson is well planned so that the students and yourself know what the before, during, and after computer use is and how it will be used.



Lowther, D. L., Morrison, G. R. (2010). Integrating Computer Technology into the Classroom: Skills for the 21st Century. Boston, MA:Pearson Education, Inc.

No comments:

Post a Comment