Monday, November 26, 2012

Reflecting on What I Know: Chapter 12

Chapter 12
11/26/12


  1. What can I do to "get ready" for a lesson in which my students use computers? The textbook by Morrison and Lowther listed these strategies: create digital folders, design templates, load specialized software, bookmark Internet sites, turn on computers and open applications. These steps will help to maximize the time that is spent on instruction. 
  2. Where does the "computer part" come when I am teaching a lesson? The computer use comes in once the information is explained to the students. The objectives are given to the students first and the task is modeled by the teacher before sending the students out to work independently.
  3. How do you ensure equal access for all students with only three computers? In order for all students to be able to use the computers you would set up group rotation. The students could work together in small groups and rotate from different centers. The teacher would determine how long each group would stay at each center. The centers would be pertinent to the activity the group was working on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment